Helle Terkildsen Maindal, Professor, University of Aarhus
Dr Maindal is Professor in Health Promotion at Section of Health promotion and Health services research; Health, Aarhus University, Denmark and Honoured associate Professor, School of Health and Social Development, Faculty of Health, Deakin University, Melbourne, Australia. Further, she is affiliated to Steno Diabetes Centre Copenhagen (Health Promotion), Copenhagen, Denmark, where she manages the national programme Face-IT, targeting vulnerable families at high risk of diabetes in a coherent health system.
Dr Maindal is an expert in complex intervention methodology, and the development of health promotion outcomes. She has been chairing the network of health literacy in the Nordic Countries, and is now chairing the Danish network in health literacy.
Further details; pure.au.dk/portal/da/persons/helle-terkildsen-maindal
- Health promotion, prevention and behavioural medicine primarily in diabetes, CVD risk and other non-communicable diseases.
- Method development within complex interventions
- Responsible for Danish translation of four questionnaires (PACIC, PAM, HLQTM and HLS-EU).
- Health literacy – measurements and interventions
- Highly experienced from clinical work and research in national and international interdisciplinary and cross-sectorial collaborations